Skip the read and schedule a free auto accident consultation with Attorney B. Patrick Agnew Esq!
DEALING WITH THE INSURANCE COMPANY
I often hear other attorneys talk negatively about insurance companies. Please don’t misunderstand me, I too, have certainly had some memorable experiences dealing with insurance companies in which I did not agree with how they handled a situation. However, it is important to remember that insurance companies handle cases with one goal – SAVING MONEY!
Insurance companies are in business to make money and they simply can’t make money and at the same time represent the interests of an individual injured in an accident.
The following is simply a partial list of arguments–tactics which insurance companies use:
- The at-fault driver’s insurance adjuster wants to take your statement over the telephone and wants to record the conversation
- The insurance company wants you to sign documents so that they can obtain every medical record for your entire life
- The insurance adjuster offers you $1000 shortly after the accident and wants you to sign a release despite the fact that you are still having medical problems and still under the doctor’s care.
- The adjuster advises you not to hire an attorney because an attorney will take all of your money. (Yes, this has happened!)
- The adjuster advises you that you are partly at fault in the accident. The adjuster claims you were not hurt in the wreck.
- The adjuster believes you went to the doctor too much The adjuster believes that you did not go to the doctor enough.
- You had problems before the wreck.
- You are exaggerating your injuries.
- You are faking. The insurance company hires a doctor to review your medical records and testify on behalf of the defense that your injuries are either not related to the incident or that you simply are not hurt as badly as your own doctors say you are.